MedStar Washington Hospital Center is an innovative teaching and acute care medical institution with a national reputation as a leader-particularly in the areas of cardiovascular, cancer, kidney disease and transplantation, neurosciences and in the emergency treatment of stroke, trauma and adult burn injury. We offer some of the best facilities in the area to work at including:
- The Heart & Vascular Hospital at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, the only dedicated cardiovascular facility in Washington, D.C.
- Level 1 Trauma Center supported by three helicopters
- The Burn Center, the region’s only adult burn facility
- Comprehensive Stroke Center, the only hospital in Washington, D.C. with this designation
- Award-winning neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
With 2,000 nurses at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, our nurses are encouraged to collaborate with physicians and healthcare professionals while being innovative and maintaining a culture of safety. MedStar Washington Hospital Center is also committed to advancing the careers of our nurses with advancements in technology, equipment, therapies and procedures. Some of the other programs and services that are offered include:
- Tuition reimbursement program for education and conferences
- Work schedule flexibility to accommodate our educational needs
- The Center for Excellence in Nursing, one of the only dedicated professional development facilities for nurses in the country
- A clinical advancement bonus program
- A leadership academy for nurse managers to develop advanced skills
- Dedicated nurse scientist support for nursing research and publishing
- On-the-job support from an experienced Nurse Responder Team and managers who provide bedside assistance
If you are interested in practicing professional nursing in a collaborative, patient first environment focused on teaching and research, MedStar Washington Hospital Center is the place for you to find the right nursing opportunity for you. Whether you are an experienced nurse continuing your professional development or a new graduate searching for the right place to begin your career, we offer unparalleled opportunities to establish and build your career. We are the ideal place to practice professional nursing.
RN Service Areas, Specialties and Residencies
Additionally, nurses have the opportunity to choose several career paths including:
Meet Our Nurses
Find out why we chose to work at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Blog: I am Nursing
Finding Your Center…at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.