MedStar Washington Hospital Center cares about the individuals in our community. To empower our community members to achieve optimum wellness, we offer various community services and outreach programs. We also provide access to information about health care initiatives.
We have served the District of Columbia, suburban Maryland and Virginia communities for more than 55 years. We understand that health care is not about money, but about commitment and providing our patients with the highest level of care, regardless of their ability to pay.
Community Education and Family Wellness Services
MedStar Washington Hospital Center provides more than 40 different community benefit programs, with an estimated annual hospital contribution that exceeds more than $10 million.
- A variety of outreach programs and services designed to promote health and wellness, as well as improve health access and resources.
- House Call program for the elderly
- Access to information about health care initiatives
- Community service and charity care (exceeding more than $33 million annually)
- Educational programs at a nominal charge or for free
General Internal Medicine
General internists provide comprehensive primary medical care and consultations in the office setting and complete diagnostic and management consultations for inpatients. In addition, general internists manage and coordinate the care of patients with complex illnesses, evaluate and manage risk factors for various diseases, and place particular importance on health promotion and prevention. Internists participate with a variety of area managed care plans.