The Volunteer Services department is seeking valued members of the Washington, D.C. community and surrounding metro areas to volunteer at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. If you are a student required to obtain community service hours, a college student looking for exposure to the health care arena, or you are retired and just looking for ways to give, this is a great opportunity.
Our volunteers are at the heart of the organization and help enhance our Patient First commitment. In addition, volunteering will allow individuals to gain knowledge about the dynamic world of healthcare while enhancing the atmosphere of caring and concern through our Mission, Vision and Values.
Interested applicants must complete an online application. To complete an online application, please follow the application instructions below.
- Click here to apply
- Provide a reference letter from a professional source - Teacher, current/former employer etc.
- Provide a one paragraph summary - Telling us about yourself, what your career plans/interests are, and why you want to volunteer at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
- Complete the Commitment of Hours & Personal Statement
- Complete the Occupational Health Requirements
- Complete the Orientation Packet and Self-Learning Assessment
- Review and comply with the hospital dress code
Applicants must be at least 17 years old to apply. If you are under 18 years of age, you must obtain the signed consent of a parent/guardian on the Commitment of Hours & Personal Statement. Applicants considered will be provided with the appropriate permission forms for the program and the health clearance process.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
110 Irving Street NW
Washington, D.C., 20010
Closest Metro stations: Brookland-CUA (Red Line), Columbia Heights (Green Line)