Our Benefits Are Monumental
At the MedStar Washington Hospital Center the difference isn't just in where you'll take your career, it's also in the benefits and rewards you'll receive. From medical coverage to education assistance, the Hospital Center offers extensive benefits packages to both full-time and part-time employees. Here's just a taste of some of the great rewards we have to offer:
Paid Time Off
Our Paid Time Off (PTO) system combines both vacation and sick leave days giving our employees the flexibility they need to determine how many days they want to utilize for vacation and possible illness.
Part-time employees who work at least 40 hours per pay period will be eligible to receive paid days off and personal holidays at one-half the rate of full-time employees.
Holidays - Annually, MedStar Washington Hospital Center observes nine paid holidays for union members and seven paid holidays with two personal days for non-union members.
Health Care Plans
Our employees receive the same quality in care that they help provide. MedStar Washington Hospital Center offers medical, dental, and vision plans through the following providers:
- BlueCross/BlueShield Plans
- Kaiser Permanente
- Cigna Dental Plans
- Adventica EyeCare
Full-time and part-time employees share the cost of the monthly premium with MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Also, employees pay health insurance coverage premiums with pre-tax dollars. This allows an immediate tax savings (Federal, State, and Social Security) on the money that is contributed toward the health care plans.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center provides tuition assistance to full and part-time eligible employees after completion of their probationary period.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center offers numerous supportive programs and benefits for our employees, including:
- On-site employee assistance program
- Weight Watchers
- Weigh-to-Lose Program
- On-site fitness classes and massages
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Pharmacy discount
- 403b Retirement Plan
Employees may set aside a portion of their annual income for out-of-pocket health and dependent care expenses. This set-aside amount in the FlexFund account is tax-free and may be used to pay certain expenses that are ordinarily paid with after-tax dollars.
- Discounts to area health clubs
- Discounts on parking and free Metro shuttle bus services
- Discounts to area sporting events, amusement parks and other recreational activities.
- A pre-tax payroll deduction for Metro SmarTrip Cards
- SmarTrip is a permanent, rechargeable farecard. It's plastic - like a credit card - and is embedded with a special computer chip that keeps track of the value of the card.
- Metrochek is a farecard voucher program. Metrocheks are accepted by more than 100 bus, rail, and vanpool commuter services in the region, including Metro, MARC Train Service, VRE, and local bus systems. Metrocheks can be used as Metrorail farecards or as vouchers when purchasing fares for other transit services
- Bank of America's "At Work" Program
- A collaboration with Bank of America and MedStar Washington Hospital Center that allows you the opportunity to save up to $500 on everyday financial solutions.