At MedStar Washington Hospital Center, in addition to patients and family members, chaplains provide spiritual support and care for all associates and physicians. It is through your hands, skills, and presence that healing takes place. We are aware that your well being brings true healing and comfort to our patients and families. We invite you to call a chaplain in any of these instances:
- If you are feeling the weight of the critical nature of your work.
- If you are concerned about or experiencing spiritual and/or moral distress.
- If you have lost a patient you have developed a relationship with, or if you share grief for a patient and family.
- If you have lost a co-worker or a colleague.
- If the illness of a loved one weighs on your mind.
We are here to help you in these and many other ways. We welcome your call if you just need someone to talk to. Because you have a busy schedule, we can come to you. We care about you!
Please visit Spiritual Care and For Patients and Visitors to explore the Department of Spiritual Care. A chaplain is available 24 hours a day. You may call the Department of Spiritual Care at ext. 7-7138. When this office is closed, you may dial ext. 7-6751 and ask the page operator to page the chaplain on call.