John J. Lynch, MD Center for Ethics
In 1982, Dr. John “Jack” Lynch started the MedStar Washington Hospital Center’s (MWHC) ethics committee. Soon after, he created the Center for Ethics, renamed for him on December 9, 2016. Today, the Center serves the patients, families, clinicians, and administrators of MWHC through clinical ethics education, consultation, and policy involvement. The Center also serves the local and greater professional communities.
The John J. Lynch, MD Center for Ethics group:
- Norine McGrath, MD, FACEP, Director
- Evan DeRenzo, PhD, Assistant Director
- Nikki Glover, Administrative Coordinator
- Christian Carrozzo, MA, Senior Editor of JOHE
- Laura Guidry-Grimes, PhD(c), Clinical Ethicist
- Kahlia Kéita, MA, JD candidate, Clinical Ethics Educator and Editor
The John J. Lynch, MD Center for Ethics can be reached at 202-877-0246. Our Ethics Consultation Service can be reached at 202-801-1005. This service is available to anyone concerned about the ethical needs of a patient or any other aspect of the function of the hospital. Services are available 24/7, 365 days a year. Anonymous consults are accepted.