Top Skin Care at Washington Hospital Center
The Department of Dermatology provides evaluation, diagnosis, management and treatment for a full-range of diseases of the skin— the largest organ in the human body. Our team of board certified dermatologists and experienced dermatology nurse practitioners provide head to toe care for common skin disorders, and for more complex diseases that require highly specialized diagnosis and treatment.
No matter the patient—from infants, children and adolescents through adulthood—our team is dedicated to delivering compassionate care utilizing the most innovative diagnostic tools and advanced treatments options available.
- The program is one of only two in the Washington, D.C., area that provides outpatient and inpatient dermatologic care, including emergency services, care of skin problems as a result of systemic disease, and rarer genetic skin disorders.
- We provide expert skin care for complex and common disorders for both adults—and children from birth to 18 years old—and are one of the busiest practices in the region.
- Our dermatologists are focused on providing “holistic” care to promote quality of life and a lifetime of healthy skin.
- Patients benefit from all of the most advanced treatment modalities including phototherapy, photodynamic therapy, Mohs surgery, laser surgery, and aesthetic procedures
- Patients have the added benefit of speedy access to a vast team of other medical specialists when their expertise is needed.
- Care is provided at four convenient locations, including MedStar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C., the Dermatology Practice at Chevy Chase, Maryland; MedStar Georgetown University Hospital; and MedStar Georgetown Pediatrics in Tenleytown.
- Our Dermatologists are the among the nation’s top experts—clinicians, academicians, researchers published in nationally prestigious medical journals, routinely presenting at international conferences and setting the standard for innovative diagnosis and treatment.
- Our team utilizes the most advanced diagnostic and treatment methods.
- Our active research program is helping to develop innovative new treatments for skin disorders.
- The department offers one of the nation’s top dermatology residency programs with a diverse faculty of specialists who training the next generation of specialists.
For a referral to one of our dermatology specialists at any of our locations, call 844-333-DOCS.