Unparalleled Care for Life Threatening Illness
Our Critical Care Program is an integrated system of care provided to patients who have, or are at risk for, single or multiple major organ failure.
The program provides an unparalleled, coordinated approach to care delivered by a multidisciplinary team of experienced critical care specialists. The team puts patients at the center of care—and uses the latest in medical technology to support treatment and recovery.
Our outstanding multidisciplinary critical care includes:
- Four Surgical Intensive Care Units with 24-hour in-house care by board-certified/eligible critical care physicians, physician assistants, respiratory therapists and one-to-one care by nurses trained in critical care
- A Cardiovascular Recovery Room (CVRR) for heart surgery patients
- A 39-bed Level 3B Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Intermediate Care Nursery, board-certified neonatologists delivering round-the-clock care, and a Neonatal ICU transport program
- Access to a team of medical specialists trained to manage the complexities of the acutely ill
- Broad support services, including pharmacy, radiology, laboratory, nutrition management and social services counseling
- Use of advanced technology such as cardiac assist devices and advanced ventilator techniques for lung disorders
- Access to an experienced organ transplant team
- Participation in national and international multicenter clinical research studies
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
110 Irving Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20010