Why Choose Us
The endocrine surgery team at MedStar Washington Hospital Center is dedicated to the care of patients with endocrine disorders, which include diseases affecting the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
Our specialists have national reputations for excellence in the surgical management of these disorders. Each year, they perform more than 600 procedures with excellent results—a level of expertise that can’t be matched by any other hospital in the region.
Taking a comprehensive, holistic approach to care, we focus on a thorough evaluation of each patient’s condition and the development of a tailored treatment plan.
We utilize the most advanced diagnostic and surgical methods available, balancing high-tech interventions with compassionate care to help ensure every patient’s best outcome.
Why choose MedStar Washington Hospital Center’s Endocrine Surgery Program?
- We are the busiest program of its kind in the region—treating more patients with thyroid cancer than any other medical center in the country. That translates into a complete understanding of the complexities of your care – both in the operating room and beyond.
- Our team of surgical experts are fellowship trained and nationally recognized by their peers for excellence.
- The team stresses open communication with patients, evidence-based treatment protocols and patients’ long-term health.
- Our surgeons routinely operate on recurrent thyroid cancer when other surgeons will not.
- We perform the latest minimally invasive surgical approaches, which reduce recovery time and leave smaller scars.
- Patients have access to new treatment options through clinical research.
- Our surgeons are involved in endocrine surgery research to develop innovative new treatments, and are widely published in professional journals.
- We take a multidisciplinary approach to care, working closely with other specialists including pathologists, radiologists, internal medicine physicians, endocrinologists and nuclear medicine physicians, to guarantee optimal outcomes for patients,.