Our unique Patient Support Program for advanced heart failure patients offers the resources you need to optimize your medical care and improve your quality of life.
The initiative is offered through our Advanced Heart Failure Program, where we bring together a large multidisciplinary team of experts to help you cope with this complex condition:
- Expert clinicians: Our experienced, board-certified cardiologists and surgeons specialize in treating advanced heart failure patients. Your support care team may also include coordinators for left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) and heart transplants, specially trained nurses, physical therapists and many others.
- Dedicated social workers: Our social workers specialize in working with advanced heart failure patients. They can help you access community resources, support groups and more.
- Nutritionists: Diet plays a key role in managing heart failure. You can work with a nutritionist to reduce salt in your diet or make other healthy eating changes.
- Financial counselor: For patients under consideration for left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) or heart transplants, our dedicated financial counselor will help you explore all the insurance and funding options available.
Why Patient Support for Advanced Heart Failure?
Patients with advanced heart failure have complex medical, social and emotional needs. Our multidisciplinary team of various specialists helps you enhance your quality of life while living with advanced heart failure. We offer:
- Individualized support: We bring you the resources you need at the time you need them. From crisis management to physical therapy, we will help you obtain the right support.
- Symptom management: We have a team of clinicians who are experts at managing uncomfortable symptoms such as pain, nausea, etc.
- Family support: Advanced heart failure can affect your spouse, your children, your family or your caregivers. We offer support groups and education for family members and caregivers so they in turn can give you the support you need to enjoy life.
- Education: We understand you want to know everything you can about your condition. Members of our patient support team will answer all your questions and provide you with the information you need to live well.
Learn more about: