Outpatient Stroke Center
The Outpatient Stroke Clinic at MedStar Washington Hospital Center offers comprehensive care for Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) or stroke patients, focusing on proper follow-up care, a natural extension of the continuum of services the Comprehensive Stroke Center provides, from diagnosis to treatment through rehabilitation. Proper follow-up care after a stroke ensures patients have the best possible clinical outcomes, and are taking the appropriate measures to prevent another stroke.
The Outpatient Stroke Clinic treats patients who have experienced:
- Transient Ischemic attack
- Ischemic stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Post-stroke complications
The Outpatient Stroke Clinic provides:
- Follow-up evaluation after hospitalization for a stroke or TIA by neurologists specializing in stroke care
- Exploration and discussion of the contributing factors of the stroke
- Needs assessment for ongoing rehabilitation
- A nurse coordinator to coordinate the patient’s follow-up plan to wellness
- Patient and family education
- Access to the National Institutes of Health Stroke Program at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, which offers the opportunity to participate in clinical trials and research studies
The Outpatient Stroke Clinic welcomes referrals from community physicians for patients requiring the expertise of a stroke specialist.
To learn more about the Stroke Clinic and schedule an appointment, please call (202)-877-3791
To find a stroke specialist at MedStar Washington, please call 844-333-DOCS.
To prepare for your visit to the MedStar Washington Hospital Center Stroke Clinic, please use the following forms.