We offer a wide range of solutions, both surgical and non-surgical, for the treatment of athletes ranging from adolescent to the professional and master athlete. While we pride ourselves on the ability to surgically fix any problem in the injured athlete, our emphasis is on prevention and conservative care with surgery as the last resort. Our sports medicine doctors have operated on hundreds of professional and collegiate athletes in multiple sports.
Also provide care for:
- Georgetown University
- University of Maryland
- Trinity University
- US Judo
- Montgomery County Public Schools
Sports Medicine Services
The MedStar Orthopaedic Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center combines the expertise of dozens of specialists—including fellowship-trained subspecialists. Working together, your dedicated team will define and develop the best course of treatment for you.
Sports Medicine Conditions Treated
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the:
Sports Medicine Treatments
- Surgical treatment of the elite thrower’s shoulder
- Surgical treatment of the dislocated shoulder, both arthroscopic and open
- Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction of the elbow in professional, collegiate and high school baseball athletes
- ACL reconstruction
- Multi-ligament knee injury
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder replacement
Awards and Recognitions
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center are both recognized among the Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area for nine specialties, including orthopaedics.
- Winner of the 2013 AOSSM Aircast award for best science research paper
- Developed a novel technique for surgical treatment shoulder instability
- Leader in orthopaedic sports medicine research