Holistic Approach to Management of Rheumatic Diseases
The rheumatologists at MedStar Washington Hospital Center provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and advanced treatment options for patients with rheumatic diseases that affect the joints, muscles and bones.
Our team of board-certified specialists take a systemic and holistic approach to care—working closely with other sub-specialists to provide comprehensive, long-term management of these complex diseases.
Why Choose Us
- Specialty clinics provide comprehensive management specifically for patients with arthritis, lupus, and those experiencing neurologic complications from rheumatologic disorders.
- Our physicians utilize the advanced diagnostic capabilities of MedStar Washington Hospital Center’s state-of-the-art imaging tools including CT, angiography, cardiac MRI, PET-CT, and the latest musculoskeletal ultrasound technology.
- Our medical team provides 24-hour-a-day, inpatient consultation to physicians throughout MedStar Washington Hospital Center, as well as comprehensive outpatient services.
- Patients have access to the most advanced treatment options available, including the latest biological therapies for rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Because these disorders often involve more than one organ system, our medical team works collaboratively with a host of other medical specialists to provide comprehensive disease management.
- Members of the medical team are both clinicians and researchers, who have led numerous investigations of new treatments, and serve as investigators for national studies and as consultants providing their expertise in the design of clinical research.
- Patients benefit from access to participation in ongoing clinical trials of innovative therapies.
- Our physicians are routinely published in prestigious medical journals and are recipients of multiple honors at the local and national level.
- The division is an academic center offering a highly competitive and sought-after Rheumatology Disease Fellowship to train physicians in the specialty.