The cancer experience is life-changing for patients and their loved ones. Cancer patients need support before, during and after their treatment. Our goal is to provide compassionate and professional care to individuals affected by cancer, promote the healing process and treat the whole person. Learn more about our program.
What we do
We have a team of highly trained social workers, dietitians, chaplains and counselors. They work with patients, family members and loved ones to help manage cancer treatment. Most of our services are free for Washington Cancer Institute patients.
Help for new patients, families and survivors
No matter which part of cancer treatment you are experiencing, you probably have many questions. We are here to answer your questions, provide support and help you through your cancer experience.
- First Time Patients
- For Families
Cancer support resources
We offer many programs to help support you through your cancer experience.
Cancer Support Team
- Chloe Farkas, MGC, Genetic Counseling: 202-687-1750
- Nneka Mokwunye, PhD, Advanced Care Planning: 202-877-6211
- Marian Randall, IS Clinical Skin Care Program: 202-877-2273
- Mark Sullivan, MSW, LICSW, Social Work, Counseling Services, Mind/Body Program, Yoga: 202-877-6681
- Stacey Thompson, LICSW, Social Work, Counseling Services
Call us with any questions at 202-877-CARE (2273), or find us on the first floor of the Cancer Institute.