Building the Future of Excellence: Burn Care and Disaster Response
The Burn Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Every year, The Burn Center delivers life-saving care to approximately 1,300 burn patients by providing a comprehensive care approach for patients with burn injury, including outpatient care for minor burns, surgical burn treatment, reconstructive surgery, and burn rehabilitation.
Now, with the design and future construction of a new burn center, we will create a state-of-the-art facility where the entire continuum of care for burn patients will be physically located in one place.
This facility will include special features and amenities specific to burn patients, and enhance the way we care for our community. Through philanthropic partnerships and investments, this vision will become a reality.
This visionary project represents an overall $14.5 million investment in facilities and technology. We will bring this new facility to life in three phases.
The three phases of The Burn Center include:
- The 6,000 square feet burn clinic will:
- Separate severe burned patients from less severe, protecting patients from infections
- Expand inpatient and outpatient services
- Enhance privacy and comfort for family members and firefighters
- Improve communication, efficiency, and proximity to patients
- The 8,000 square feet burn inpatient unit will:
- Feature next generation infection control
- Rebuild and renew existing patient rooms
- Integrate new and emerging technologies into patient rooms and clinical spaces
- The intensive care unit and operating room will
- Co-locate all services of The Burn Center on one floor
- Build a specialized burn operating room
- Construct a new 10-bed intensive care unit
We invite you to partner with us.
To learn more about how you can get involved, contact the philanthropy office at 202-877-6557 or email [email protected].